Asuka 120% Burning Festival is a Japanese fighting game series produced by Fill-in-Cafe and published and distributed by Family Soft and Kodansha. The music was composed by Keishi Yonao and the game series was designed by Takehiro Kimura, creator of the Variable Geo game series.
The setting concerns the "Ryoran Private School for Women" which educates the daughters of the upper echelons of society. Here, the high class clubs annually hold a martial arts tournament for the "Club Rivalry Budget Contest Mega Fight." Each character fights with moves making use of the merits of each club. The original characters are all girls (later in the series, a male principal makes an appearance); it is a so-called "bishojo game" versus fighter.
When it was first released in 1994, it was only available for some personal computer systems, and there were only six original characters. In 1995 it was ported to consumer machines such as the PC Engine, which also added new characters, bringing it up to par with most other fighting games. Furthermore, adjusted balance in later revised editions made it more popular than before.
A different version dubbed "Special" was released for the Playstation in 1996. The better quality in various areas increased its popularity. Then in 1997, "Excellent" was released, but it was only a minor change from "Special." Moreover, the addition of an unthrowable time period changed the balance to be more aggressive, and fans of the previous works weren't pleased with it.
- Asuka Honda: the titular character of the game series, represents the chemistry club in the Mega Fight Tournament. She is best friends with Karina Toyota, and more recently, Kumi Okubo. Asuka dreams of becoming a chemist in the future. Her main attacks involve volatile projectiles such as throwing chemical-filled beakers.
- Kumi Okubo: Kumi represents her rhythmic gymnastics class in the Mega Fight Tournament. She met Asuka during the Ryouran entrance exam and has been friends since the tournament. A rather household-oriented type of girl, Kumi desires to have a family with lots of children in the future. Kumi's attacks involve her rhythmic gymnast skills.
- Tamaki Shindo: Tamaki represents not only her tennis club, but is also the daughter of the school principal. She is looked up to by the juniors as the "Big Sister," and is well-loved by her fellow seniors. Tamaki dreams of being a teacher. Her moves involve the use of her tennis racket.
- Ryuko Yamazaki: Ryuko specializes in volleyball, and holds a big rivalry with Tamaki Shindo since losing to her in the last Mega Fight Tournament. Ryuko is popular for her movement in sports, though schoolwork is another story. Ryuko mainly uses volleyball tactics to attack her opponent, such as tackles and serves.
- Megumi Suzuki: Megumi is the cheerleading club representative. She is short in stature with a babyish face, but on account of her glamor, she is popular even with other schools' students.
- Torami Hojo: Torami is the karate club representative and runner-up the previous year. The karate moves issuing from her tall figure are powerful.
- Karina Toyota: Karina is the biology club representative, and Asuka's rival since childhood. A lot of her special moves involve her pet frog "Kero-pyon". To show her rivalry with Asuka, Karina's surname is Toyota as compared to Asuka's surname which is Honda.
- Cathy Wild: Cathy, an exchange student from a sister school in Florida, is a member of the pro-wrestling association. Her special moves involve pro-wrestling throws.
- Kiyoko Mitarai: Kiyoko is the softball club representative. Her special moves involve a sharply thrown underhand pitch.
- Nana Owada: Nana is a Japanese dancing research society representative and the eldest daughter of notable house Owada. Her special moves involve attacking with her folded fan.
- Shinobu Kawasaki: Shinobu is a gang leader from another school. She intrudes on the brawl in order to get revenge on Tamaki Shindo (whom she had lost to previously) and clear her name. Her special moves are like a Qigong bullet called "Bancho bazooka" (meaning "gang leader bazooka"). Her design resembles that of Rei Ayanami, which was a topic of discussion when the game was published.
- Tetsuko Ogigaya: Tetsuko is from the chemistry club. Since the chemistry club is winning though it usually loses most years, the senior who has an eye on middleclassman Asuka trains her intensively. Her special moves are similar to Asuka’s.
- Genichiro Shindo: Genichiro is the principal. He uses special moves with names that are yojijukugo.
- Ichiko Furutachi: Ichiko is the journalism club representative. She endeavors for real conditions but participates in "Final". Her special moves involve assaults with her microphone.
Asuka 120% Burning Fest Special is the first game in the series and got the secret Character: Shinobu Kawasaki.
Specialty high school girls high school, "budget battle against Megafaitotonamento parts " represent parts of an action fight fighting girl win over. Get stuck and there is no fixed time gauge "Daungejishisutemu", decided to attack more likely to accumulate Baningugeji continuous system "super rush"and with a new color the hotter the battle.
- Third person perspective.
- 2D graphics
- Cartoon graphics
- Martial Arts & Anime themes.