Critical Blow is a 3D fighting game that features several characters and game modes.
- Tournament mode: Battle against computer opponents in 10 stages to win the tournament.
- Theatre mode: which provides gamers with a main character named Rickey in which they must battle through different stages in order to complete the quest.
- Trading Mode. In the Trading Mode, players are able to select any character and battle your opponents for cards. These 'cards' each represent a certain attribute. Power up your characters and then take them into one of the other two modes for beefed-up game play. Critical Blow is for up to two-players.
- VS Mode: Battle against another human player.
- Berserker: When Marry was a child, this home helper robot was built to be her mediator. After the Phillips Konzern was taken over by Merkuar, it worked as a maid robot for the livelihood of Marry. It participates in order to help Marry in this latest survival game. Its pet name is "Lancelot".
- Bobby Loggins: A rough fighter who learned his own style of hand-to-hand fighting arts in order to survive in the slum. In order to earn income for the operation expense of his younger sister Clara who is hospitalized, he had to spend all his time street fighting every day. He participates in a survival game with his aim on the ten million dollar prize. The coldhearted man who will be branded as unfairness, but will do anything to win.
- Chiaki Ichinomiya: A fighting female college student who has a martial artist father. She received special training from her father Hagane Ichinomiya since she was a child, and by the time she had reached the age of descretion had become as tough as she is terrifying. After she began to attend junior college, training did not seem like training, and she enjoyed campus life. She participates in this survival game to earn income for pocket money because one way or another spending money is rough. Her father`s pupil Kei Iwase is a childhood friend.
- Hagane Ichinomiya: Instructor of the "Ichinomiya-ryuu" school of hand-to-hand fighting art from a self-taught manner. Fifteen years ago, during an errant fight with Merkuar, he bore a mortal wound after being defeated. (Taken as a wound to his chest.) After that, his repeated asceticism began to freely manipulate his "spirit". He participates for the sake of striking Merkuar with the results of his training in this latest survival game.
- Kei Iwase: A spontaneous disciple of the Ichinomiya style who seldom is a student, but holds an outstanding hand-to-hand fighting sense and innate talent. In the grappling tournament called P.O.S. (Power Of Solid) which was carried out two years ago, Kei fully realized the inexperience of the amount of his own strength, and has been devoted to day and night training. To test out the results of his training, and that his master`s desires are carried out, Kei participates in the latest survival game. Chiaki who is the daughter of master Hagane Ichinomiya is a childhood friend.
- Mao Chilling: An android housekeeper-type who participates in the survival game. She comes across Rickey who is participating in the same game, and since then both have acted together. While continuing with Rickey and traveling, will feelings probably sprout within the body of the machine? And what are those sad looking eyes seeking from Rickey?
- Mark Stanford: Noble son of the Stanford Zaibatsu which lines up with the Phillips Zaibatsu. Cultivated with a special education of a genuine hand-to-hand fighting art, as well as a self-taught arrangement added now into its model. He has no interest in the prize, but has a weakness held for Marry, and ends up being threatened against his will to participate in this latest survival game. It appears that Marry and him have had an undesireable but inseperable relationship since childhood.
- Marry Phillips: The world leading financial group, the Phillips Family daughter who single-handedly managed the Phillips Konzern. ("Konzern" is a German term for a group of companies.) She was the sponsor of the hand-to-hand fighting tournament called P.O.S. (Power Of Solid) which was held two years ago, but a curse would take huge investments and received a hijacking by Merkuar. Since then, she has hidden herself from the world while living her life everyday as a laborer in a mining facility to temper her body. Now she participates for the sake of taking back the Phillips Konzern in the latest survival game.
- Merkuar: Head of the largest conglomerate in the world today, "Merkuar Conglomerate". But on the opposite side of the face is an arms dealer who controls the defense industry. Has admired the emperor of the Qing Dynasty period, and to have a famous lifestyle of luxury regardless of expense. For several years he has not shown his appearance in public, and had been rumored of gone missing, but has appeared again in center stage as the sponsor of this latest survival game. Is that really his true motive? And, what is his real purpose ..?
- Neil McDaniel: A heavy drinker who calls himself a "karate practitioner." He usually thinks about rebuilding his dojo, but with his naturally wasteful habits and being a bad drunk, funds do not accumulate easily. The fighting spirit money he obtained from the P.O.S. (Power Of Solid) held two years ago is now gone without a trace. He participates in this latest survival game naturally with his aim on the prize. Will the dream of dojo reconstruction this time be actualization?
- Reymond Norman: A secret covert operative who is proud of his strength and being No.1 in a certain country national military section. He infiltrated the Merkuar Conglomerate headquarters on an absolute secret investigation, but the mission failed due to him bearing a serious injury and was on the verge of death. However, with the latest technology which the military is proud of he revives as a "cyborg soldier," and faces the "battlefield" a second time for the sake of accomplishing the mission.
- Rickey Leon: A boy that lives with his grandmother in Hong Kong. He received influence from his martial artist father Fei Leon, and continued to win with his self-taught hand-to-hand fighting technique in a Hong Kong martial arts tournament without belonging to a school. One day, a mysterious person named Merkuar delivered a scarab brooch with an opportunity, that his battle contest was about to begin .. Will his hidden "unknown power" probably awaken?
- EX Rickey: EX Rickey is a secret character that is a powered-up version of Rickey Leon. There are a few noticable differences between the two versions of Rickey that I have listed below about the characters as a whole.
- Sieguei: An android which was build with motif of a Japanese spy "NINJA". Merkuar`s personal bodyguard as well as emissary, subversive activities, and assassination are its main activity contents. Characterized by attacks which make use of kunai (throwing knives) and a wire, and quick movements with its arms. It has no display of emotion, and talks very little.
Action fighting tactics of the "critical blow" mortal blow is deadly hot. Action and dynamic 3D photorealistic character representation of polygons, produce a sense of exhilaration, a sense of speed. Now, the "survival game" horrible chest is opened to speculation of various martial artists have been invited to a mysterious person Merukoru is concluded, revenge, money, ambition, and honor.
- Third person perspective.
- 3D graphics
- Cartoon graphics
- Martial Arts, SCI-FI & Futuristic themes.