Soukaigi is an action adventure game. It was made by Yuke's, before they made Evil Zone / Eretzvaju, and was published by Square
A dark act has caused Mt. Fuji to split in half bringing forth the Garan. The Garan are creatures whose sole mission is to take over the Earth. The Garan's power is contained in red, yellow, and blue crystals. There are also large Garan scattered throughout Japan, and they must be destroyed in order to save the Earth from the invasion of the Garan. Brave souls, with various elemental powers will try and stop the spread of the Garan.
To progress from one level to the other you must destroy red, yellow, and blue Garan stones. By destroying the Garan stones, the bar on the right hand side of the screen will go from RED to YELLOW to BLUE. To progress to the next level, the bar must be at least to BLUE. There are some crystals that cannot be destroyed, but you can come back to get them later. You can also make the bar go up by destroying enemies, but it is not as much as destroying actual crystals.
1 - Special Moves: Hold down X until character begins to glow, then keep holding down the button for different levels of attack. You can tell the difference by the different stances the characters do. Let go of X to do the Special Move. You must have sufficient Materia to perform these moves.
2 - Magic: Hold down Circle until the character turns around in a circle, then press X to make a pentagram appear, then press CIRCLE for the number shown for each spell (so if it is three, press CIRCLE three times for that spell). There are eight spells available:
- Naoya Mabui: Elemental Power: Earth (Male, Age 18) This is the character you start out with. He is average in speed and power.
- Mizuho Mikanagi: Elemental power: Eart (Female, Age 18)This character you get after the second stage, but prior to the second stage boss. She is slightly faster than other characters.
- Daiki Yashima: Elemental power: Fire (Male, Age 32) This is the character you get after stage one. He is slower in speed, but he is one of the more powerful characters. His attacks also do added damage when they connect. He has no defense.
- Hifumi Sudou : Elemental power: Wind (Female, Age 25) You won't get this character until Disk 2. She cannot shoot projectiles. She is a little slower than some characters, and must be used up close for any real effect.
- Azusa Kotohira: Elemental power: Light (Female, Age 11) You will get this young girl at the start of stage four. She has one of the longest reach of any weapon (seeing how it is a bow and arrow), but she has no real close up attack. She also cannot dash.
- Kaname Gabu: Elemental power: Darkness (Male, Age 20) You get him after you beat Yato at the end of stage three. He has no dash and no magic but has powerful up-close attacks.
Appreciated the Square RPG. To purify the stage to destroy the stone Garang becomes your mission to defeat the rampant pro-God. Seru exciting techniques from beginner can easily put out a technical turn by pressing the four buttons.
- Third person perspective.
- 3D graphics
- Cartoon graphics
- Medieval Japan & Fantasy themes.